In honor of Earth Day, let’s go green and stay that way! Conserving water and energy and cutting down on waste are just a few ways to help make the environment a safer place, not just for you but for your furry friends as well. Practice Earth Day efforts all year long with this eco-friendly checklist to make a big difference!
- Turn the faucet off while brushing your teeth.
- Decrease shower time.
- Ask your parents to help you replace light fixtures with energy-efficient bulbs.
- Recycle whenever possible.
- Plant trees near your house — the shade will help keep things cool on the inside, cutting down on the need for air conditioning, while also providing a new habitat for birds, insects and other creatures.
- Create additional backyard habitats with the addition of birdhouses, baths and feeders.