Discovery Kids #DKidsEaster Giveaway
This Easter, Discovery Kids will be giving away up to 12 Hatch ‘Em Egg sets on Twitter! Each winner will receive set of eggs. Participants will need a Twitter account and can enter to win using the three steps below.
- Follow @DiscoveryKids on Twitter.
- From March 26th – April 5th, 2015, tweet us your favorite Easter activity with your kids, using the hashtag #DKidsEaster.
- Read the rules and regulations below.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID TWITTER ACCOUNT TO ENTER. MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility: Discovery Kid’s #DKidsEaster Giveaway (“Contest”) is open only to (i) legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, (ii) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, (iii) who have access to the Internet, and (iv) have a valid Twitter account. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
3. Timing: The Contest starts on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end on Sunday, April 5th, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, follow @DiscoveryKids on Twitter and then submit a Tweet that includes the hashtag #DKidsEaster along with a picture or text description of your favorite Easter activity you do with your kids. Entrants must ensure that their privacy settings on Twitter allow the entry to be viewed by Sponsor. Twitter accounts are required and may be set up at no cost. Sponsor will accept multiple Twitter posts by entrant.
5. Entry Requirements: Ineligible responses include responses that are unresponsive, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Entry Requirements”). Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned to the Twitter account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.”
6. Entry Permissions: For the avoidance of doubt, entrant must own or have the right to convey any and all right, title and interest in any photograph that may be submitted. Submitting a photograph that is copyrighted by another individual will make you responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against you. If the photograph was taken by anyone other than the entrant, the entrant represents and warrants that such person(s) have assigned him/her all rights in the photograph. The form of any such permission or release will be as solely determined by, or acceptable to the Sponsor. Failure by Sponsor to request such permission(s) and/or release(s) is not a waiver of Sponsor’s right to require same, and the entrant acknowledges that failure to comply with any such request may cause disqualification.
7. Judging Determination of Winner & Notification: A panel of qualified judges selected by the Sponsor will select a total of twelve (12) potential winners from all Eligible Entries on Twitter based on the following judging criteria; (i) 40% originality; (ii) 30% creativity; (iii) 20% composition; and (iv) 10% clarity. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prizes if an insufficient number of qualified entries are received during the Contest Period.
Within twenty-four (24) hours following the selection, Sponsor will also notify winners via direct message on Twitter. The potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours or Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner. Failure to follow the prize redemption procedures within forty-eight (48) hours or failure to accept the prize may result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Where permitted by law, potential prize winners may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner in the manner described above. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, entry and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Prizes: Twelve (12) prizes each consisting of a Discovery Kids Hatch’em Egg Set. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $12.99. Prizes will be fulfilled within 30 days after end of Contest Period. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Twitter Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select a winner from all non-suspect Eligible Entries received prior to such event. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
12. Governing Law: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
14. Winner List: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 30, 2015, to: @DiscoveryKids #DKidsEaster Giveaway Winners, Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
15. Use of Third Party Marks: Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.
© 2015 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.