Individual meatloaves cook faster – and the heart shape is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Have fun hiding the surprise inside and watch everyone’s face as they bite in. This recipe makes four individual meatloaves.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cherry pie filling (you won’t need the whole can)
- Mixing bowl
- Baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the beef, a little salt and pepper, onion, bread crumbs and water with your hands (yuck!).
3. Divide meatloaf mixture into eight equal pieces, shape each piece into a flattened heart shape.
4. Put 4 of the hearts in a baking dish.
5. Place three cherries and a little of the liquid from the cherry pie filling in the center of each.
6. Top each heart with another heart, making sure you seal the edges to keep the surprise inside.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.